When it comes to pizza, size matters. If you’re in the market for an extra large pizza, you need to know all your options and which sizes best fit your needs. You might be wondering how big is a 10 inch pizza is when compared to other pies? We have the answer. In this blog post, we’ll discuss what size a 10 inch pizza is in comparison with other pizzas so you can make sure you pick the right one for your next gathering. Whether it’s for game night or hosting a party of friends and family, knowing how much food each slice provides will let you enjoy that delicious flavor without having to worry about running out.
- 1 What Is 10 Inch Pizza?
- 2 Nutritional Facts About A 10 Inch Pizza
- 3 What Does 10 Inch Pizza Look Like?
- 4 How Big Is A 10 Inch Pizza?
- 5 How Many Slices Is A 10 Inch Pizza?
- 6 How Many Calories Is In A 10-Inch Pizza?
- 7 How Many People Can A 10 Inch Pizza Serve?
- 8 How To Cut 10 Inch Pizza?
- 9 Pro Tips To Cut A 10 Inch Of Pizza Evenly
- 10 How To Store A 10-Inch Pizza?
- 11 Tips For Ordering 10 Inch Pizzas For Your Party
- 12 How To Make 10 Inch Pizza At Home?
- 13 FAQ: 10 Inch Pizza
What Is 10 Inch Pizza?
A 10 inch pizza is a small sized pizza that typically serves one to two people. It has a diameter of 10 inches, which makes it perfect for solo meals or sharing with a friend. The size may vary slightly depending on the crust thickness and toppings added, but in general, a 10 inch pizza can be considered as a personal sized pizza.
Nutritional Facts About A 10 Inch Pizza
- Calorie Goal: 1085 Cal. (915 Cal. left out of 2000 Cal.)
- Fat: 25 g. (42 g. left out of 67 g.)
- Sodium: 0 mg. (2790 mg. left out of 2300 mg.)
- Cholesterol: 191 mg. (109 mg. left out of 300 mg.)
What Does 10 Inch Pizza Look Like?
A 10 inch pizza is round in shape and has a relatively small diameter compared to other sizes. It can be made with various crusts including thin crust, regular crust or deep dish. The toppings may vary from classic pepperoni and cheese to more creative options such as BBQ chicken or veggie lovers.
How Big Is A 10 Inch Pizza?
A 10-inch pizza has a surface area of approximately 79 square inches, while an 18-inch pizza has a surface area of about 254 square inches. Therefore, two 10-inch pizzas provide around 158 square inches of pizza, whereas the 18-inch pizza offers 254 square inches.
How Many Slices Is A 10 Inch Pizza?
A 10-inch pizza typically yields about six slices.
How Many Calories Is In A 10-Inch Pizza?
The 10-inch plain pizza contains a total of 970 calories, with 279 calories derived from fat (representing 28.8% of the total calories).
How Many People Can A 10 Inch Pizza Serve?
A 10-inch pizza typically serves eight people, following the general rule of thumb. To cater to a larger group, it is recommended to order four 10-inch pizzas, which should adequately feed approximately 16 individuals.
How To Cut 10 Inch Pizza?
To cut a 10 inch pizza, you can use a pizza cutter or a sharp knife. Start by cutting the pizza in half, then continue to divide it into equal slices until you have six pieces. Make sure to let the pizza cool down for a few minutes before cutting to avoid burning yourself.
More watching video: How to Cut a Pizza Into 10 Slices
Pro Tips To Cut A 10 Inch Of Pizza Evenly
- Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to make clean and precise cuts.
- Make sure the pizza has cooled down for a few minutes before cutting to avoid burning yourself.
- To ensure evenly sized slices, start by cutting the pizza in half, then continue dividing it into equal portions until you have reached the desired number of slices.
- For thicker crusts, consider using a serrated knife instead of a pizza cutter for easier slicing.
How To Store A 10-Inch Pizza?
To store a 10-inch pizza, follow these simple steps:
- Let the pizza cool down completely before storing it.
- Place the pizza in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap.
- Make sure to label the container with the date and type of pizza.
- Store it in the fridge for up to 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
Tips For Ordering 10 Inch Pizzas For Your Party
- Determine the number of guests and their appetites to estimate how many pizzas you need.
- Consider ordering a variety of toppings to cater to different preferences.
- Ask for half-and-half options if everyone has different topping preferences.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for recommendations or customization options from the pizzeria.
- Double check for any dietary restrictions or allergies before placing your order.
- Consider ordering some sides or appetizers to complement the pizzas.
How To Make 10 Inch Pizza At Home?
Making a 10 inch pizza at home is easier than you might think. Here’s a simple recipe to get you started:
- 1 pre-made pizza dough (or make your own using flour, yeast, water and olive oil)
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your choice of toppings (pepperoni, mushrooms, peppers, etc.)
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Roll out the pizza dough onto a floured surface until it is about 10 inches in diameter.
- Place the rolled-out dough on a baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the dough, leaving some room for the crust.
- Add your desired toppings and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
FAQ: 10 Inch Pizza
Is a 14 inch pizza twice the size of a 10 inch?
No, a 14-inch pizza is not twice the size of a 10-inch pizza. The area of a 10-inch pizza is 78 square inches, while a 14-inch pizza has an area of 154 square inches.
Are 2 7 inch pizzas the same as a 10 inch pizza?
No, two 7-inch pizzas are not equivalent to a 10-inch pizza, despite the fact that many individuals would prefer to have two smaller pizzas over a larger one.
Can a 10-inch pizza feed 2 people?
Yes, a 10-inch pizza can feed two people.
Daniel Mauney is the Chef/Owner of tapp room Restaurants. He has been in the industry for over 20 years, and his restaurants have been featured in magazines and newspapers all over the country. Daniel’s food is heavily influenced by his travels, and he enjoys incorporating unique flavors and spices into his dishes.