Do you ever find yourself craving a pizza, but don’t know what size to pick? When ordering online or in a restaurant, sizes are often indicated by inches. If you opt for a 14-inch pizza, you probably want to know how big that is before committing. The size of a 14-inch pizza may surprise you – it comes out to about 56 ounces of dough and covers around 1261 square inches. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at how big is a 14 inch pizza and give some tips on how to make sure your meal is just as delicious as possible. Read on for more information.
- 1 Popularity Of 14 Inch Pizzas
- 2 Types Of 14 Inch Pizzas
- 3 How Big Is A 14 Inch Pizza?
- 4 How Many Slices Of A 14-Inch Pizza?
- 5 How Many Calories In A 14-Inch Pizza Size?
- 6 Is 14 Inch Pizza Larger Than 12 Inch Pizza?
- 7 Cost Of A 14 Inch Pizza
- 8 How Many Topping Selections Can Add To The 14-Inch Pizza Size?
- 9 How To Make A 14-Inch Pizza At Home?
- 10 Popular Dishes Featuring 14 Inch Pizza
- 11 Serving And Eating 14 Inch Pizza
- 12 FAQ: 14 Inch Pizza
Popularity Of 14 Inch Pizzas
14-inch pizzas are one of the most popular sizes for pizza. This size is often referred to as a large or family size pizza, and is perfect for sharing with a few people. Many pizza chains offer this size as their standard large option. One reason for the popularity of 14-inch pizzas is that they provide a good balance between quantity and quality. They are larger than personal-sized pizzas, but not as overwhelming as larger sizes such as 16-inch or 18-inch pizzas. They are also a great choice for parties or gatherings, allowing everyone to have a slice without feeling too stuffed.
Types Of 14 Inch Pizzas
- Half Cheese & Half Pepperoni
- Sausage & Pepperoni
- Veggie (Mushrooms, Green Peppers, Red Onions)
- Supreme (Pepperoni, Sausage, Mushrooms, Green Peppers, Red Onions)
How Big Is A 14 Inch Pizza?
The size of a 14-inch pizza can be determined by its surface area, which measures 154 square inches. With a radius of 7 inches and a circumference of 44 inches, a 14-inch pizza is divided into 10 equal slices, each measuring approximately 15 square inches.
How Many Slices Of A 14-Inch Pizza?
A 14-inch pizza typically yields around 10 slices.
How Many Calories In A 14-Inch Pizza Size?
The number of calories in a 14-inch pizza can vary depending on the toppings and crust type, but on average it can range from 1,500 to 2,500 calories. It is important to keep in mind the serving size when considering the calorie count of a 14-inch pizza. One slice may have around 150-250 calories, so it’s important to monitor your intake and enjoy in moderation.
Is 14 Inch Pizza Larger Than 12 Inch Pizza?
The 14-inch pizza is larger than the 12-inch pizza by about 35%. A 12-inch pizza measures approximately 113+ square inches, while a 14-inch pizza measures about 153+ square inches.
Cost Of A 14 Inch Pizza
The cost of a 14-inch cheese pie, favored by those who enjoy streaming movies or watching the big game, is approximately $17. This figure aligns closely with the national average of $17.81.
How Many Topping Selections Can Add To The 14-Inch Pizza Size?
A 14-inch pizza can typically accommodate anywhere from 3-6 toppings, depending on the specific pizza establishment. Some pizzerias may have a set price for up to 3 toppings, and then charge an additional fee for each additional topping. It’s always best to check with the restaurant beforehand to see their policy on topping selections for a 14-inch pizza.
How To Make A 14-Inch Pizza At Home?
If you want to try making a 14-inch pizza at home, here are some tips to make sure it turns out just as delicious as one from your favorite pizzeria:
- Start with good quality ingredients. This includes fresh dough, high-quality cheese, and your preferred toppings.
- Allow the dough to rise properly. This will ensure a light and fluffy crust.
Make sure to give it enough time to rise, and punch it down before rolling it out.
- Use a pizza stone or baking sheet. This will help create a crispy crust on the bottom of your pizza.
- Preheat your oven to its highest temperature. This will help mimic the high heat of a pizza oven and give your pizza that perfect golden crust.
- Don’t overload on toppings. Too many toppings can make your pizza soggy and difficult to cook evenly.
- Experiment with different flavors and combinations. Get creative and try new toppings to find your perfect 14-inch pizza recipe.
Popular Dishes Featuring 14 Inch Pizza
14-inch pizzas are not just limited to traditional toppings and flavors. Here are a few popular dishes that feature 14-inch pizza as a key ingredient:
- Pizza dip: A party favorite, this dip features layers of marinara sauce, cheese, and toppings like pepperoni or sausage.
- Pizza quesadilla: Combines the flavors of pizza with the crispy texture of a quesadilla.
- Pizza roll-ups: These bite-sized snacks are filled with pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings wrapped in crescent dough.
- Breakfast pizza: A fun twist on traditional morning favorites, this dish features eggs, bacon, cheese, and other breakfast ingredients on top of a pizza crust.
Serving And Eating 14 Inch Pizza
A 14-inch pizza can comfortably serve four individuals. This option becomes particularly practical when serving smaller eaters or alongside other food items. Additionally, a large 16-inch pizza can generously feed a group of six to eight individuals.
FAQ: 14 Inch Pizza
Is a 14 inch pizza a large at Papa Johns?
Yes, a 14-inch pizza is considered a large at Papa John’s.
Are 2 7 inch pizzas the same as a 14 inch pizza?
No, two 7-inch pizzas do not have the same area as one 14-inch pizza.
Daniel Mauney is the Chef/Owner of tapp room Restaurants. He has been in the industry for over 20 years, and his restaurants have been featured in magazines and newspapers all over the country. Daniel’s food is heavily influenced by his travels, and he enjoys incorporating unique flavors and spices into his dishes.