Have you ever wanted to know how many slices are in a large pizza? Maybe you’re having a get-together with friends and need to calculate what size of pizza to order, or maybe you’re just curious. We did some research and summarized our findings below so that next time your tummy is rumbling from hunger, you can quickly determine how much food will be needed. Read on below to find out just how many slices that large slice of deliciousness contains.
- 1 What Is a Pizza Slice?
- 2 The Importance Of The Size Of Your Pie
- 3 What Comes With A Large Pizza?
- 4 How Many Slices Are In A Large Pizza?
- 5 How Many Slices In An Extra-Large Pizza?
- 6 How Many Calories In A Slice Of A Large Pizza?
- 7 How Do Different Types Of Base Affect Pizza?
- 8 Is It Better To Get 2 Medium Pizzas Or 1 Large Pizza?
- 9 Tips For Ordering The Perfect Pizza For Your Party
- 10 Common Mistakes When Ordering Large Pizza
- 11 How To Cut a Large Pizza Into Slices?
- 12 How To Store Leftover Large Pizza?
- 13 FAQ: Pizza For People
What Is a Pizza Slice?
Pizza slices are segmented pieces of a whole pizza that have been cut in a triangular fashion. The size and number of slices per pizza depends on the diameter, crust type, and how it has been sliced.
The Importance Of The Size Of Your Pie
The size of the pizza is a crucial factor when determining how many slices are in it. The larger the pie, the more slices you can expect to have. Typically, pizzas come in four different sizes: personal (8 inches), small (10 inches), medium (12 inches), and large (14-16 inches). However, keep in mind that these sizes may vary depending on the pizzeria or restaurant.
What Comes With A Large Pizza?
Large pizzas are the most commonly ordered pizza size and come with a larger diameter ranging from 14 to 16 inches. This makes them ideal for sharing with friends or family. A large pizza typically comes with 8 slices, but this may vary depending on how it has been cut by the pizzeria. When ordering a large pizza, keep in mind that you can also customize the number of slices you want by asking for it to be cut into smaller or bigger pieces.
How Many Slices Are In A Large Pizza?
A large pizza typically has 10 slices.
Large Pizza Hut
Pizza Hut is one of the most popular pizza chains in the world and they offer a large pizza with 10 slices. This means that each slice of their large pizza has an average size of 6-7 inches in length. However, it is important to note that this number may vary depending on how thick or thin the crust is, as well as other optional toppings.
Large Domino’s Pizza
A large Domino’s pizza typically contains 8 generous slices when made with Hand-Tossed Crust. Each slice offers a delightful combination of pizza toppings on our expertly crafted, garlic-seasoned crust. This size serves 3-5 individuals. When opting for the Crunchy Thin Crust, a large pizza is divided into 16 squares.
Large Papa John’s Pizza
Papa John’s large pizza typically comes with 8 slices, but they also offer a party size pizza that is 16 inches in diameter and contains 10 slices. This makes it perfect for family gatherings or parties. It is worth noting that Papa John’s offers a variety of crust types including original (hand-tossed), thin, pan, and gluten-free options, so the number of slices may vary depending on your crust choice.
How Many Slices In An Extra-Large Pizza?
Extra-large pizzas typically come in between 16 and 18 inches in diameter and are typically sliced into at least 12 individual servings.
How Many Calories In A Slice Of A Large Pizza?
On average, a slice of a large pizza contains roughly 250-350 calories.
How Do Different Types Of Base Affect Pizza?
Different types of pizza base can have an impact on the cooking temperature. When using a dough made with high-protein flour and a high hydration level, a lower cooking temperature is required to avoid burning the crust.
Is It Better To Get 2 Medium Pizzas Or 1 Large Pizza?
When comparing, it is more beneficial to opt for two medium 12-inch pizzas rather than a single 14-inch large pizza.
Tips For Ordering The Perfect Pizza For Your Party
When it comes to toppings, keep it simple. Avoid assuming that everyone at the party shares your excitement for olives and anchovies. Opt for popular and straightforward pizza toppings such as pepperoni, sausage, and mushrooms. A general rule of thumb is to stick to one topping per pizza.
Common Mistakes When Ordering Large Pizza
- Assumptions about serving size: Many people make the mistake of assuming that a large pizza will be enough to feed a large group of people. However, if you have a big appetite or are having a party with several hungry guests, it is better to order multiple pizzas or opt for larger sizes.
- Not considering crust type: Different pizzerias offer various crust types, and each has its unique serving size. Keep in mind that thicker crusts will yield fewer slices compared to thinner crusts.
- Not customizing the number of slices: Many pizza places are willing to cut pizzas into smaller or larger portions upon request. Don’t be afraid to ask for a certain number of slices if you have a specific serving size in mind.
How To Cut a Large Pizza Into Slices?
Cutting a large pizza into slices can seem intimidating, but with the right technique, it can be done easily. Here are some steps to follow when cutting a large pizza:
- Prepare your tools: Before starting to cut the pizza, make sure you have a sharp knife or pizza cutter, a clean cutting board, and a serving plate or tray.
- Let the pizza cool down: It is essential to let the pizza cool for a couple of minutes before cutting it, as this makes it easier to handle and prevents the toppings from sliding off.
- Locate the center: Find the center of the pizza by drawing two lines that intersect at a 90-degree angle. This will help you create even slices.
- Start cutting: Using your knife or pizza cutter, start cutting from the center of the pizza towards the edge. Continue to make parallel cuts until you reach the outer crust.
- Serve and enjoy: Once all slices are cut, transfer them onto a serving tray or plate and serve while hot.
How To Store Leftover Large Pizza?
To store leftover large pizza, follow these steps:
- Place the pizza slices in an airtight container.
- Separate each slice with paper towels to prevent sticking.
- Seal the container tightly.
- Refrigerate the container to maintain freshness.
By following these instructions, you can keep your leftover large pizza fresh for the next few days.
Read more: how many calories are in a slice of pizza
FAQ: Pizza For People
How many large pizzas do I need for 30 people?
To accommodate a group of 30 people, you will need approximately 10 large pizzas.
How much pizza do I need for 25 people?
For a gathering of 25 people, it is recommended to order 10 pizzas, assuming that all guests consume a total of 75 slices.
How many pizzas should I order for 100 people?
To serve 100 attendees, it is recommended to order 38 pizzas. (100 x 3/8 = 37.5) In the case of a decimal, rounding up is advisable to ensure sufficient quantities. This estimation is based on the assumption that the average person consumes three pieces of pizza, with the pie typically divided into eight slices.
Daniel Mauney is the Chef/Owner of tapp room Restaurants. He has been in the industry for over 20 years, and his restaurants have been featured in magazines and newspapers all over the country. Daniel’s food is heavily influenced by his travels, and he enjoys incorporating unique flavors and spices into his dishes.